COVID-19 Updates and Safety
The Exchange is a COVID secure venue. We are following the safety and hygiene measures for businesses set out by the government in its performing arts guidance.
From 21 February 2022, the government has established its intention to learn to live with COVID-19. The Exchange Theatre will continue to promote and encourage safer behaviours for the sake of our staff and patrons to reduce the risk of infection.
We encourage all our visitors and staff to be mindful of others and observe the following:
- Wearing a face covering is now a matter of personal choice.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Give people space where possible and when moving about the venue
Below are some of the safety measures you can expect to see during your visit:
- Our team will continue to operate an enhanced cleaning regime, which includes additional high touch point cleaning in our venues.
- Social distanced seating is no longer in place for most events and shows inside the Main Theatre.
- Staff will continue to wear face coverings and customers must do the same whilst inside the venues when not eating/drinking.
- Our air handling system is fed by filtered fresh air. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. Filters are changed as part of regular, routine maintenance.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the venues, which we encourage frequent use of during your visit.
- The venue will remain cashless and all payments for Box Office and Bar will be card/contactless only.
- Travelling to the Theatre – Unfortunately, The Exchange cannot accommodate parking for audience members and there is no public parking on the opposite Brewery Wharf estate at all. There are limited parking spaces near the venue for Blue Badge holders. If you are travelling by car, there are public car parks in Twickenham within walking distance of the venue.
- Ticketing Information – Prior to the event you are attending we will send detailed guidance via email to the ticket holder. Please remember that this information will be sent through TicketSource so check your email and junk folders for our correspondence. It is still the case that if an event is postponed your tickets remain booked and valid for any new date. We are not issuing automatic refunds. If you need a refund please contact our Box Office. More information and FAQs about tickets will be available soon.
- The health and well-being of our customers, employees and artists are of utmost importance to us so customers must stay at home if they feel unwell or need to self-isolate. Other party members may still attend unless they are also required to self-isolate also or showing any symptoms. If you are unable to attend because of COVID – 19 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.