COVID-19 UPDATES AND SAFETY
From 19 July 2021, in line with government guidance the Exchange Theatre building will make some changes to the safety measures we are using in our building while the coronavirus pandemic continues.
We encourage all our visitors and staff to be mindful of others who may not yet feel comfortable with the relaxing of restrictions.
- Give people space where possible and when moving about the venue
- Wear face coverings when you are moving around the building or seated in the theatre.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
Below are some of the safety measures you can expect to see during your visit:
- Our team will continue to operate an enhanced cleaning regime, which includes additional high touch point cleaning in our venues.
- Social distanced seating is no longer in place for most events and shows inside the Main Theatre.
- Staff will continue to wear face coverings and we kindly request that customers do the same whilst inside the venues when not eating/drinking.
- Our air handling system is fed by filtered fresh air. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. Filters are changed as part of regular, routine maintenance.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the venues, which we encourage frequent use of during your visit.
- A one way system will be in place with multiple exits used once the event/show ends.
- The venue will remain cashless and all payments for Box Office and Bar will be card/countless only.
- Travelling to the Theatre – Unfortunately, The Exchange cannot accommodate parking for audience members and there is no public parking on the opposite Brewery Wharf estate at all. There are limited parking spaces near the venue for Blue Badge holders. If you are travelling by car, there are public car parks in Twickenham within walking distance of the venue.
- Ticketing Information – Prior to the event you are attending we will send detailed guidance via email to the ticket holder. Please remember that this information will be sent through TicketSource so check your email and junk folders for our correspondence. It is still the case that if an event is postponed your tickets remain booked and valid for any new date. We are not issuing automatic refunds. If you need a refund please contact our Box Office. More information and FAQs about tickets will be available soon.
- The health and well-being of our customers, employees and artists are of utmost importance to us so customers must stay at home if they feel unwell or need to self-isolate. Other party members may still attend unless they are also required to self-isolate also or showing any symptoms. If you are unable to attend because of COVID – 19 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
PRODUCTION & EVENTS STATUS UPDATES
Please see currently affected show updates below. This page will be updated regularly.
Affected customers have already been contacted regarding their bookings for the following productions. For any further enquiries, please contact email@example.com
The Just Us League Presents ‘MARVELus: All the MARVEL Movies-Kind Of’ is postponed until Thursday 7th October 2021.
Javier Jarquin: CARD NINJA is postponed until Saturday 30th October 2021.
Simon Evans: The Work of the Devil is postponed until Thursday 16th September 2021.
Mark Steel: Every Little Thing’s Gonna Be Alright is postponed until Saturday 23rd October 2021.
The Three Little Pigs will take place Thursday 29th July 2021 – Sunday 1st August 2021.
Andy Parsons: Healing the Nation is postponed until Saturday 2nd October 2021.
Jen Brister: Under Privilege is cancelled.
Sh*t-faced Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet is postponed until Friday 19th November 2021.
Chris McCausland: Speaky Blinder is postponed until Saturday 23rd April 2022.
Damien O’Kane and Ron Block is postponed until Wednesday 6th July 2022.
The Carnaby Army is postponed until Saturday 11th June 2022.
A Slice of Eel Pie is postponed until 16th & 17th & 18th June 2022.
The Crown – Live! is cancelled.
Matt Parker: Humble Pi is cancelled.
Richmond Film Society all screenings are cancelled until further notice.