About The Exchange
The Exchange is a newly built venue owned by Richmond Council and leased to St Mary’s University under an agreement that the building will be used for a mixture of University use, Community Group use and public events. The building has a 300 seat theatre, 5 studio rooms, a cafe and a bar. It is the building directly opposite the entrance to Twickenham station.
The Exchange will provide space and opportunity for creativity, expression, learning and enjoyment.
Once fully up and running, there will be 3 or 4 public ticketed events in the theatre per week. These are initially planned as one film per week, one author/spoken word event and programmed comedy, music or theatre.
The studio rooms will be available for hire by local community groups and we are anticipating demand particularly from young people’s performing arts classes, after-school clubs and adult well-being classes.
Training / Meetings
The studio rooms will also be available for hire by private companies, for training courses or meetings. Companies and groups will also be able to hold full day conferences using the theatre. Two of the studio rooms will have large screens installed.
- There are limited parking spaces near the venue for Blue Badge holders.
- We have step free access from the street to the box office/ground floor of the building.
- Life access to all levels of the venue
- Accessible toilets on the ground level, 2nd, and 4th
- Café/Bar located on 1st floor is accessible by lift.
- We have 2 wheelchair spaces with room for 1 companion seat each in Row J Seats 1-4.
- Step free access in the theatre is Row J and the aisle seats are J5, J23, J24.
- All other rows in the Theatre do have steps up or down. From the entrance there are 17 steps down to Row A (front row) and 10 steps up to Row P (back row).
The Exchange Operations
The Exchange will be open Monday – Friday between 10am and 5pm and will open in the evenings and weekends for hirings or events.
75 London Road
Contact us via email: email@example.com
Tel: 020 8240 2399
Photos of The Exchange